I have been on an oatmeal kick for the last couple of weeks. I have been eating regular oats with fruit (usually blueberries), cinnamon, and brown sugar. It is a healthy, easy, and filling breakfast – I love it!
When I was visiting my sister last week, she was making overnight oats. I had seen many overnight oat recipes online but always seemed to skip them. When I saw my sister make her overnight oats and saw that they looked really tasty, I asked myself why I was not doing this!? I loved the idea of making my breakfast the night before and having enough breakfast for the next few days.
Therefore, this recipe is her recipe. However, she did not add the banana, she added brown sugar instead. The banana idea came from a friend of mine – very tasty!
-1cup of oats
-1cup of almond milk
-1 ripe banana
-2tsp of cinnamon
-4-5 small apples, sliced thinly
– Add oats, almond milk, banana, cinnamon in a bowl and mix well
– Place mixture in a pie plate
– Place sliced apples over oat mixture
– Cover with plastic wrap and place into fridge overnight
– Take out of the fridge the next morning and dish yourself a portion
– Some will eat this cold, but I prefer heating it