Today I made salsa the lazy way. I used canned tomatoes and chopped very little. I may have done little work but enjoyed this salsa in a big way.
To be honest, I am not a huge fan of salsa, but this simple recipe will definitely curb a salsa craving. Andrew, on the other hand, loves salsa and enjoyed this recipe.
Check out the recipe:
– 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes – spicy red pepper
– 1 small onion
– 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
– 1 tsp of minced garlic
– 1/4 tsp of sugar
– 1/4 tsp of cumin
– dash of salt
– 1/2 of a lime (juice)
– 1/4 cup of jalapeño peppers (from bottle)
– Open caned tomatoes and pour into the food processor.
– Chop onion and cilantro and add into the food processor.
– Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor, then pulse 8 to 10 times.
This recipe made three mason jars full of salsa. It looks like a Mexican fiesta is in order soon!