I always wanted to try and make burgers without meat. Today was the day! I made Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers.
I am happy that I finally made these burgers because they were amazing!
I quickly ate a burger because 1, they were so tasty, and 2, I really wanted to come online and share this recipe with you!
The recipe is so easy to follow and you need little ingredients. It is a great substitute for meat, too!
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! Enjoy!!
-1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
-1/4 cup of quinoa
-1/2 cup of water
-1/2 cup of bread crumbs
-1/4 minced green pepper
-2 tablespoons minced onion
-1 large clove of garlic, minced
– 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon hot sauce
-3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Bring the quinoa and water to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and the water has absorbed, about 15-20 mins.
2. Roughly mash the black beans with a fork, leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
3. Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, hot sauce, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
4. Form the black bean mixture into five patties.
5. Heat the olive oil in a pan.
6. Cook the patties in the hot oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.